We all know the fact that babies are very delicate and that is one of the reasons why taking care of a baby is such a tough job. We, as parents, are always trying to cater to their needs properly. Among all this care, hygiene and health are the primary concerns. These concerns come to the forefront when it comes to bathing the baby. A newborn baby’s body temperature is not very stable and extra care has to be taken regarding the temperature of the water that is to be used for bathing.
If a baby is a little grown up, even then the skin is very sensitive and gets irritated if not cared properly. If the water is too hot, it might burn the baby’s sensitive skin and if cold, it might sicken the baby and cause him or her to catch a cold or fever. All these considerations are very genuine. How to deal with them, then? We have to say that buying a baby bath thermometer is perhaps the right way to go. This way, you will not have to risk your baby’s health by guessing whether the water is too hot or cold. Remember, what feels like a normal temperature to you might not be the same for your baby.
- 1 Why do you need a baby bath thermometer?
- 2 B&H Infant Baby Bath Floating Toy Thermometer (Duck)
- 3 Blue Flower Bath and Room Thermometer by PHILIPS SpA
- 4 Famidoc FDTH-VO-22 Baby Bath Thermometer
- 5 MotherMed Baby Bath Thermometer
- 6 4moms Spout Cover White Baby Bath Thermometer
- 7 Dreambaby Room and Bath Thermometer (Green Crocodile)
- 8 Aquatopia Digital Audible Baby Bath Thermometer
- 9 Conclusion
Why do you need a baby bath thermometer?
You should use a baby bath thermometer because babies are so different from us adults. The best way is to always choose products that are specifically designed for them just like regular baby thermometers. Also, if you happen to be a first time mother, you are definitely not experienced regarding the right water temperature for bathing and cannot rely on touching and sensing the water with your hand. You need something that is more accurate and a baby bath thermometer is just that. These smart thermometers come in toy like designs and are extremely baby friendly.
A great many models in the market are digital which are very simple to use and make you more confident about bathing your baby – a job which otherwise seems very nerve-wracking. A baby bath thermometer makes the bathing experience all the more fun for you and for your baby. We have picked up seven best baby bath thermometers and review them with their pros and cons so to give you the ease of making a wise choice.
B&H Infant Baby Bath Floating Toy Thermometer (Duck)
This cute little duck shaped toy thermometer by B&H will definitely be your choice if you want to buy things that do not cause any damage to the environment in any way. It is made up of ABS/PVC environmental protection material and is BPA free. In simple words it is a rubber duck but the one which is mindful of environmental sustainability.
As for the temperature, you can read in both Fahrenheit and Celsius by just switching two buttons. Moreover, its LCD display is a large one because apart from temperature, it also displays time.
Alarms and Alerts
This yellow B&H Infant Baby bath floating toy thermometer cutie has flashlight alerts as well as alarm beeps to warn you of either too hot or too cold water temperatures.
- It is appealing for babies because of its bright color and duck shape.
- You can also use it as a room thermometer once you are done with bathing.
- It is an expensive one.
Blue Flower Bath and Room Thermometer by PHILIPS SpA
This Philips SpA blue flower bath and room thermometer comes in two different shades: blue and pink. It is designed in the shape of a flower with display screen at the very center.
This blue flower thermometer shows water temperature from 36.5 Centigrade to 38 Centigrade.
Philips Avent baby products are one of the best in the market and are trusted worldwide. This brand is known to make the best baby products and this fact makes this thermometer a very catchy option.
- It is an attractive baby toy.
- It can also tell you the baby’s room temperature.
- Its LCD screen is placed in a way which makes it difficult to read. The screen is somewhat hidden by the flower shape.
Famidoc FDTH-VO-22 Baby Bath Thermometer
This fresh colored nicely shaped Famidoc thermometer is an easy to use gadget. You do not have to turn it on or off; it is activated automatically. Moreover, it updates the water temperature after every five second.
A very good feature of this baby bath thermometer is that it has a very vivid LCD screen display which is inserted just on the front for you to read easily.
This thermometer is water proof and has a very good battery life which is at least one year. The battery is inbuilt into the thermometer.
- It has an alarm indicator.
- It indicates warning sign through a flashing LED light.
- It is a fun toy for babies.
- The automatic activation system is battery consuming since it can easily be turned on while the baby plays with it.
- Temperature display is only in Fahrenheit.
MotherMed Baby Bath Thermometer
This baby bath thermometer by MotherMed looks very much like the Famidoc thermometer. It has no sharp edges and is very slim so that the baby can easily grab it while playing. Also, it can be easily put in bags and be carried away.
Superior Quality Material
It is made up with single piece BPA free material with sealed in built battery so that there is no risk of leaking. Also, the battery does not need to be changed frequently and has a good life.
Waterproof and Reliable
This product is waterproof and works accurately to give you the water and air temperature in a minute. While in water, the temperature is updated every five seconds to provide you with a reliable temperature check you might need for your baby’s bath.
- It serves a dual purpose: water as well as air temperature.
- Comes with an alarm and flashing light to indicate risky temperature changes.
- Fahrenheit display only – inconvenient for those who are better calibrated with Celsius scale readings.
4moms Spout Cover White Baby Bath Thermometer
This thermometer is very unique. It has an opening which is designed to fit in almost all the taps and it measures the temperature of the running water. It is not designed in the shape of any toy because of the round opening at the top. Moreover, it is made up of foam instead of rubber.
It has a color coded display which also shows a ‘comfort zone’ range for you to be sure that the water coming from the tap is suitably adjusted to the comfort of your baby. It reads in both Fahrenheit and Celsius.
It accurately reads the temperature of the water flowing into the tub from the tap.
- It has an easy to read display.
- It is very simple to install.
- Foam material makes it extra soft for baby’s holding.
- It does not measure temperature of the water into the tub and can only record temperature of the running water (running from the tap).
Dreambaby Room and Bath Thermometer (Green Crocodile)
This room and bath thermometer by dreambaby features color codes; a red flash light for too hot temperature and a green flash light for a too cold temperature.
Speed and Accuracy
Dreambaby room & bath thermometer is very fast in letting you know the water temperature and it updates you every ten second of the accurate temperature of your baby’s bathing water.
Dual Function and Visual Appeal
This animal shaped thermometer is definitely going to be your baby’s favorite toy for it is designed like a crocodile and it can function both as your baby’s room thermometer apart from being the bath thermometer.
- An automatic shut-off system.
- It is BPA free.
- It offers great visual appeal for your child.
- The temperature update time is a little longer compared to the shorter five seconds offered in other thermometers that we have reviewed.
Aquatopia Digital Audible Baby Bath Thermometer
This digital thermometer by Aquatopia activates on its own when put into water and is so efficient that it updates the temperature every two seconds.
It comes with an audible alarm which rings at too hot and too cold zones.
It is made up of safe and non toxic material so that your baby can play with it safely.
- Shortest update time of just two seconds.
- Not very soft to hold.
Bathing your little one definitely requires some care and concentration. But this job is made easier, first with bath tubs designed specifically for babies and then with baby bath thermometers to make you confident that your baby has soaked in just the right amount of water which is not making her/him uncomfortable. Buy one of these thermometers today and make bathing fun for your baby!