Using a thermometer to prepare food is not a recently developed technique in the culinary world.
Chefs have always measured the temperature of their food to create something delicious for their customers. Items like jams, jellies and candies particularly require you to measure their temperature throughout their preparation. That is why buying an efficient candy thermometer is a must for those who love making it.
Check out these best candy thermometers for 2020.
- 1 Defull Candy Thermometer Deep Fry/Jam/Sugar/Syrup/Jelly Thermometer
- 2 Features
- 3 Polder THM-515 Candy Thermometer
- 4 Features
- 5 OXO Good Grips Glass Candy Thermometer
- 6 Features
- 7 Taylor Precision Products Candy Thermometer
- 8 Features
- 9 PBKay Digital Cooking Candy Liquid Thermometer
- 10 Features
- 11 CDN DTC450 Digital Candy Programmable Thermometer
- 12 Features
- 13 Winco 2-Inch Dial Candy Thermometer
- 14 Features
Defull Candy Thermometer Deep Fry/Jam/Sugar/Syrup/Jelly Thermometer
defull Candy Thermometer is a simple thermometer to use and gives accurate readings.
Following are the main features of the defull Candy Thermometer discussed in brief:
Double Reading Scale
With this thermometer, you will not have to worry about converting the temperature from Fahrenheit to Celsius or vice versa. The defull thermometer has a double scale display which shows the two temperature units on the same display.
The fact that it’s made of stainless steel is what makes it so lightweight. The material is also rust-proof and durable, so you can expect a good performance from it.
The hook attached to it makes it convenient for the user to use while stirring the candy.
- Most thermometers require you to calibrate them for accuracy, but with this product, you will get a measurement accuracy of ±2 °C /4 °F.
- Since there is nothing digital in it, you don’t need to charge it or change its batteries.
- Many people who are used to digital equipment may find it difficult to use.
Check out: ThermoPro TP09 wireless cooking thermometer
Polder THM-515 Candy Thermometer
Polder understands the necessity of measuring accurate temperature when cooking candy. That is why it has tried to create the simplest but incredibly efficient thermometer.
Though Polder’s thermometer is simple, it is efficient. Its main features are discussed below:
It is common knowledge that mercury is harmful for the human body. Keeping this in mind, Polder has made sure not to use mercury in its measuring scale.
Specifically Made for Candy
The THM-515 thermometer is designed for making candy and baking as it comes with a spatula that is easily removable.
Polder offers variation in its thermometer range, so you can not only use a digital candy thermometer but also get a simple hand grip thermometer.
- The candy thermometer is digital and easy to use.
- Polder aims for innovation, simplicity and efficiency and the THM-515 candy thermometer is a representation of that.
- Some people might find too many options confusing. It won’t be easy for them to pick the right thermometer if not guided beforehand.
OXO Good Grips Glass Candy Thermometer
OXO claims to make your experience of cooking candy convenient with its simple yet efficient design.
Following are the features of the OXO Good Grips Glass Candy Thermometer that will help you understand its efficiency:
Easy to Read
Since this thermometer is made from glass, it is easy for the user to read the temperature off the thermometer. Moreover, the glass makes the font more readable, which is also responsible for this convenience.
The measurement scale for this thermometer display a change for every 2 degrees for maximum accuracy.
Convenient to Use
You can not only hold the thermometer in your hand but also hang it from any holding while you cook.
- The thermometer comes with an extra clip that makes it easier to use and adjust according to your needs.
- The temperature accuracy provided by this thermometer is unparalleled.
- People who are not fond of reading old-fashioned thermometers might find it difficult to use this one.
Taylor Precision Products Candy Thermometer
It doesn’t matter whether you are a professional or an amateur, as Taylor Precision Products’ thermometer can help you prepare the sweetest candy possible! The manufacturer designs its products in such a way that your level of candy-making skill does not really matter. You will be able to get the hang of it in no time.
Following are the most impressive features of Taylor Precision Products’ candy thermometer that make it a fan favorite:
It has a 12-inch-long measurement scale that has markings for 100 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit on an 8-inch face. Furthermore, its markings allow you to read accurate candy temperatures to guide amateurs through the process.
Adjustability and Durability
It is important to mention that the thermometer is made from stainless steel that accounts for its durability. Moreover, the equipment comes with adjustable clips that allow you to attach it to the pan while you are cooking.
- The markings in the thermometer let you know the consistency of the candy from thread to hard rock.
- It is particularly great for amateurs.
- You don’t need to constantly worry about handling your equipment as the clips that come with it are pretty secure.
- Some people might find cleaning it to be taxing as it cannot be washed in the dishwasher.
PBKay Digital Cooking Candy Liquid Thermometer
PBKay has introduced an all-in-one thermometer that can be used to measure temperature of all kinds of food. It is designed in such a way that there are no limitations as to how you use it in your kitchen.
The PBKay Digital Cooking Candy Liquid Thermometer’s features are different than most other thermometers mentioned so far. Here are some of its unique features:
This thermometer not only measures temperature of candy liquid but is also designed to measure temperature of all kinds of meats. The temperature plays an important role in cooking, whether you are cooking beef or candy, and PBKay’s digital thermometer allows you to do everything perfectly.
If you don’t like reading temperature off the traditional thermometer and prefer digital equipment, this product is perfect for you. The clear digital display is easy to read and saves your time.
- It comes with adjustable hangers and clips so that you can use it to measure temperature of any liquid.
- The use of this thermometer is not bound by the space. You can use it indoors as well as outdoors.
- Most people will prefer to buy a thermometer specific for candies, so this all-rounder might not suit their taste.
CDN DTC450 Digital Candy Programmable Thermometer
The CDN DTC450 is definitely one of the best candy thermometers in our list. It is made specifically for measuring candy temperatures and has everything that can assist you during the process. If you want the most efficient candy thermometer, this should be your choice.
This product comes with several new features that have made the lives of its users easier. The simple and traditional thermometers are no match to this one. Following are the improved and new features of CDN DTC450 explained in brief below:
Making candy is no easy feat as it requires you to pay extra attention to the temperature. Even when you are being extra careful, you might miss the right time to take it off the stove. That is why the CDN DTC450 has introduced multiple alerts in its equipment. With the help of this feature, you will know when your candy is about to reach the right temperature as well as when it reaches the desired temperature.
Pre-Programmed & All-Purpose Temperature Settings
As we’ve mentioned before, making candy requires you to be careful at all times, which means using the right settings as well. That is why this thermometer comes with seven pre-programmed candy-making stages. Moreover, the all-purpose temperature setting makes it easy to use.
Since this thermometer is specifically made for making candy, it comes with different clips for pans.
- This thermometer can easily withstand high temperatures as it is made from stainless steel.
- The pre-programmed seven stages are a blessing for amateurs and professionals alike.
- It can be a bit expensive.
- It is not for people who do not like using digital equipment.
Winco 2-Inch Dial Candy Thermometer
This Winco thermometer is simple but old-fashioned. People who are not good with digital equipment can use it without any difficulty.
Compared to the CDN DTC450, Winco’s thermometer lacks a few features, but it is still a handy tool used by many chefs. Following are the features of the Winco 2-Inch Dial Candy Thermometer:
This thermometer follows the usual rule and has a temperature range of 100 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Since the design of the thermometer is simple, you don’t have to deal with any adjustments to get an accurate temperature reading.
Convenient to Use
This thermometer comes with a built-in pot clip and adjustable indicator.
- It is simple to use and read because of its efficient design.
- It is important to mention that itis an NSF-certified product that adds to its credibility.
- Those who prefer digital and advanced features may not find this thermometer suitable for themselves.