There are many ways to find out a person’s body temperature. The most common methods include measuring temperature through the mouth, ear and armpits. However, armpit temperature readings are the least accurate, whereas ear temperature readings are preferred for kids.
- 1 Why Are Ear Temperature Readings Accurate?
- 2 Braun ThermoScan 5 IRT 6500
- 3 KIUZOU Digital Infrared Ear and Forehead Thermometer
- 4 Metene Forehead and Ear Thermometer
- 5 iProvén Clinical Ear Thermometer with Forehead Function
Why Are Ear Temperature Readings Accurate?
The ear drum and hypothalamus (the part of the brain that controls body temperature) share the blood supply, which is why ear temperature readings can be accurate.
However, you don’t need to wait and go to a doctor to get your temperature measured. With the help of a digital thermometer, you can get an accurate reading of your body temperature without needing a doctor.
Following are some of the best digital ear thermometers that give accurate readings and are convenient to use.
Braun ThermoScan 5 IRT 6500
If the probe tip of an ear thermometer is cool, it can result in inaccurate temperature readings. That is why the Braun thermoScan 5 IRT6500 digital ear thermometer offers a pre-warmed tip thanks to ExacTemp. This avoids any temperature inaccuracies caused by the cooling effect. Furthermore, to get the most accurate temperature, the Braun ThermoScan measures temperature to the tenth of a degree each time.
You don’t need to worry about cleaning the probe each time you measure someone’s body temperature. This is because the ThermoScan comes with a disposable lens filter, so you can use a new one every time you need to take a reading.
It is important that you change the lens filter every time you take the reading because earwax residue can affect the accuracy of the readings.
Easy to Use
As we have said before, this thermometer is mostly used to take temperature readings of toddlers and kids. This means you have to be quick while taking their temperature as kids can’t stay still for long periods. The Braun ThermoScan has taken this into account. That is why it takes only about a few seconds to take a reading.
It is important to mention that the Braun ThermoScan keeps track of the last reading you have taken.
- Braun is recommended by different pediatricians according to the Ardent Consulting Survey in 2017.
- It is a hygienic thermometer thanks to the disposable lens filters.
- It keeps a short record of past temperature readings if you want to keep track of an individual’s progress.
- If you do not change its disposable probe after every reading, you might risk a cross-infection.
KIUZOU Digital Infrared Ear and Forehead Thermometer
KIUZOU has merged two types of thermometers into one and made it possible to get the most accurate body temperature possible. You can measure temperature from not only the ears but also the forehead. Hence, there is absolutely no room for error while using the KIUZOU thermometer.
The KIUZOU thermometer has an effective memory that keeps track of the last 12 readings for your convenience.
You can view the temperature in both Fahrenheit and Celsius. Since there are more than two methods to rectify your observed reading, its reading accuracy is one of the best.
Easy to Operate
You can get a reading through this thermometer within seconds. It is fast and quick as well as easy to use.
- This particular thermometer comes with a 12-month money-back guarantee, so if you are not satisfied with its results, you can always return it.
- It gives very accurate results.
- Compared to other thermometers mentioned in this list, this thermometer is not as fast.
Metene Forehead and Ear Thermometer
It doesn’t matter whether you are accustomed to reading temperature in Fahrenheit or Celsius. This thermometer can show you the temperature in both units.
When your body’s temperature surpasses the normal one, the Metene thermometer will voice out warnings so that you will pay attention.
Whether you are a fan of an ear thermometer or a forehead thermometer, you can use both modes. Hence, it is better to buy this thermometer instead of buying two separate ones for getting ear and forehead readings.
- This thermometer is great at providing you with the most accurate result. Moreover, it allows you to check the credibility of its reading through its dual mode.
- You will get alerts when you are sick.
- The fever warnings can cause alarm to your patient and make them panic.
iProvén Clinical Ear Thermometer with Forehead Function
Taking your child’s temperature can be difficult when they are not feeling well. That is why iProvèn medical ear thermometer is the perfect solution for parents. A quick swipe over your child’s forehead (merely 3 seconds) will give you an almost accurate reading. For further accuracy, you can use its ear thermometer.
iProvén has more than just words to prove its credibility as it is not clinically tested but has approval from institutions like the FDA.
It does not stress you out for the simplest things as it has a fever warning system that tells you when your body temperature is normal and when it is not. Green light indicates normal body temperature, and orange and red are for when your body temperature has exceeded the normal threshold.
- To avoid cross-infection, iProvén has introduced a new method of measuring body temperature that is non-contact thanks to the use of infrared technology.
- It is unmatched when it comes to its speed.
- There is no mention of any kind of clinical tests and certifications for this product, so you have to take iProvén’s word to judge its credibility.