Pools in summer are a fresh breath of air as they provide a mean of recreation for elders and kids alike. That is why it is important that these pools are kept in a pristine condition to avoid any kind of mishap.
There is more to maintaining a pool than just cleaning, its temperature should be kept optimal so that the human body doesn’t face any extreme inconveniences.
Following is the list of few of the most used, recommended and best pool thermometers that can help you in maintaining the temperature of your pool greatly.
Check also: Guide for Choosing a Water Thermometer
- 0.1 Etekcity Lasergrip 630 Dual Laser Digital Infrared Thermometer
- 0.2 Milliard Outdoor & Indoor Pool and Spa Digital Floating Waterproof Floating Solar Thermometer
- 1 Aquatix Pro Large Floating Pool Thermometer
- 2 Swimline 9250 HydroTools Solar Powered Digital Pool and Spa Thermometer
Etekcity Lasergrip 630 Dual Laser Digital Infrared Thermometer
This thermometer helps you take temperature measurements with the help of dual laser guide.
Simple, hold this gun-shaped thermometer at any surface whose temperature you want to measure and press and hold. The two lasers will coincide at one point and give you an accurate reading.
This kind of dual laser-guided temperature measurements is made possible by 16:1 distance-to-spot ratio.
The MODE option beside the LCD on this thermometer offers several functions. You can keep track of the previous readings you’ve taken with this thermometer for future comparisons.
Furthermore, the device does most of the calculations for average temperature and temperature difference by itself. You can also set a standard temperature for a surface or object and this thermometer will tell you whether the measured temperature is lower or higher than normal.
If you don’t understand a particular temperature unit then don’t worry, you can change the temperature unit according to your preferences.
- This thermometer can not only be used to measure pool temperatures but it can also be used for a variety of surfaces like wood, marble, clay, etc. This is made easy because of its emissivity range from 0.10 to 1.0 that is adjustable.
- The freehand use of this product makes things a lot easier for you. The simple point at a surface, press, and hold and you have an accurate reading in your desired temperature unit.
- Manufacturers also provide you with a two-year warranty so if you are not satisfied with the product, you can simply return it.
- Its price is more than an ordinary thermometer and it might not be for everyone.
Milliard Outdoor & Indoor Pool and Spa Digital Floating Waterproof Floating Solar Thermometer
This thermometer gives you an accurate reading of your pool’s temperature without any complications. There is no room for machine error when it comes to temperature measurements with this thermometer.
Long Lasting Battery
Milliard uses an LR44 battery that has 1.5volt power and it can function for around one year. The display screen of this thermometer automatically turns off after 3 minutes.
Dual Unit Reading
Just by the simple press of a button, you can read the measured temperature in your preferred unit temperature.
- Even when the display screen is turned off, it continues to measure the temperature of the pool.
- It comes with a 42-inch cord that allows you to attach this thermometer from the pool walls and let it float in the water as far and as long you want.
- Since it is a simple thermometer with just basic functioning, it won’t have several advanced settings like the Etekcity Lasergrip 630 Dual Laser Digital Thermometer.
Aquatix Pro Large Floating Pool Thermometer
Aquatix Pro Large Floating Pool Thermometer is designed in such a way that it gives the most accurate temperature readings possible. Furthermore, you can read these readings both in Celsius and Fahrenheit.
Durability & Unique Design
Aquatix has designed this thermometer in such a way that allows it to float in the pool easily. The bulbous head helps it to float above the surface conveniently.
Moreover, the material used to make this thermometer is of exceptional quality that makes it shatter resistant and durable.
It can read up to 120 degrees in Fahrenheit and 50 degrees in Celsius.
- It has a one-year guarantee during which you can return the thermometer without explaining anything.
- Its unique design makes it easy to float in the pool water, fishponds, spa, hot tubs and aquarium. The varied use of this product is another one of its perks.
- This thermometer is not digitalized, and you need to be familiar with the old temperature scale if you want to take an accurate reading.
SplashTech Floating Buoy Pool Thermometer with Jumbo EZ Read Display
Splash Tech has made the numerals on their temperature scales extra large so that your eyes don’t suffer any kind of strain. In addition to that, the scale is marked for both Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature units.
This thermometer is made from ABS plastic which is considered as one of the most durable and shatters resistant plastic. It has a low melting point which allows it to endure breakage upon impact.
It has a polyethylene cord attached to that is large and helps it to stay afloat above water.
- Not only you can make this thermometer afloat but by puncturing a hole at the top, you can sink it too. This way it will not be visible in the pool.
- The sun does not seem to affect the reading of this thermometer. It measures the temperature of the water as accurately as possible.
- This thermometer is simple and is suitable for basic measurement. The alcohol-based indicator doesn’t need any power source and is fully manual.
Swimline 9250 HydroTools Solar Powered Digital Pool and Spa Thermometer
This thermometer is solar powered and has a rechargeable panel at the side. You can use it in small pools and tubs.
Large & Clear Display
The display LCD is large which enables you to read the temperature easily and accurately.
Dual Temperature Reading
Just like most thermometers, it gives temperature readings in Celsius as well as Fahrenheit.
- It is small which allows it to be easily put in the water.
- It is suitable for small areas making it a candy thermometer.
- The sun seems to interfere with the temperature reading of this thermometer.
It is extremely hard to find a pool thermometer that gives you a precise reading without any inaccuracies caused by the sun.
People seem to be indecisive about the kind of pool thermometer they want to buy as the mode of taking a reading is an important factor that affects its reading accuracy.
Keeping this mind, Etekcity Laser grip 630 Dual Laser Digital Infrared Thermometer seems to be the ideal choice to measure not only the pool temperature but also the temperature of other surfaces. It is easy and efficient to use.
In addition to this, thermometers from Milliard and Aquatix also have good reviews from the customers due to their quick and simple method of usage.